Since the original post on the F355, much controversy has revolved around the Ferrari vs. NSX comparison. With that being said, we decided to draft an article about a vehicle owned by one of the ModSpace Editor's. This is his story about how he came to grips with his passion for the NSX.


In 1991 my first car was a 1984 Honda Prelude. With a mere 100hp and a 5spd manual. I thought this car was the end all, be all of automobilia as we know it. These days we scoff at the notion of a car having any cajones with that little horsepower. Was it fast? No. Was it quick, agile, and tight, and provided great driver feedback? You bet your 89' Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie Card it did!


Back then I really wasn't into cars that much. This was probably due to a sibling angst between my brother and I. Like most brothers, it was my job to despise anything that he did. The Prelude, being the "hand me down" from my brother, bore the license plate "MYNSX84". Jim, was a little ahead of his time with cars constantly doing research at the library (no Internet back then) which inadvertently sparked my interest. Maybe at the time, he knew something most of us didn't. Regardless, I made fun of him to no end for it, partly because I was younger, but more so because I was naive. The Prelude really was just that, a prelude to something greater to come, the NSX.


In 1990 Honda finally released the long awaited answer to the likes of Ferrari and Porsche. Like a child, his obsession for the NSX was annoying enough for me to buy him the coveted hardcover NSX brochure as a Christmas present. After months of him drooling over the book and it's photos, we decided it was time to see one up close and made the trek to the Chicago Auto Show. That day I finally understood the passion. What was it about this car that made me disregard the racing heritage of others? To this day, I'm not exactly sure but right then and there, I promised myself that I would own one.

In 15 years of production, roughly 8,000 examples were sent to the U.S. In November of 2006, I acquired my dream car…(To be continued)











(Photos courtesy of original owner)

0 comments

Enjoy The Site?

Tell a friend:
Become A Subscriber

If you would like to receive updates of new ModSpace articles and news, be sure to Subscribe here!


Suggestions On Future Posts

If you would like to suggest an article to be published here on ModSpace, feel free to visit our Contact Us page.